We take pupil voice seriously at Maple Walk and like to include our pupils in the day-to-day running of the school. They often have great insight into what is going well and what we could do to make the school better.
We have an active School Council with pupils from Year 2 upwards taking on leadership roles. The Council will plan, organise and carry out agreed ideas, such as playground arrangements and fundraising initiatives.
We promote a wide number of additional pupil leadership roles at Maple Walk – these positions of responsibility give older pupils a sense of their own agency, fundamental to their future success.
Year 6 Roles include:
- Head Boy and Head Girl
- Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl
- House Captains – running weekly House meetings and House events for their House.
- Digital Leaders – taking ownership of how we use technology in school.
- Sports Leaders – helping the PE staff and supporting Maple Walk at fixtures.
- Wellbeing Leaders – promoting happy, healthy minds in and around school.
- Eco Ambassadors – leading on environmentally friendly practices at school. Maple Walk is an Eco-Schools Green Flag school.
- Junior Travel Ambassadors – helping Maple Walk win seven gold awards for its sustainable travel ethos from Transport for London.
The best way to see the school in action is to book onto an open morning. These events last approximately an hour – you will have an opportunity to meet the Head and have a tour of the school led by the Year Six pupils. We look forward to welcoming you to Maple Walk soon.