The Lower School is a busy environment where children are encouraged to discover their personal strengths, make mistakes, and develop independent skills as they explore the world around them.
- Pupils from Reception to Year 2 are taught most subjects by their dedicated class teacher.
- Specialist staff teach Music, Drama & Dance, French, PE and Games
- There is an emphasis on fun, engaging and interactive English, Maths and Science lessons that help to build up core skills.
- The creative and performing arts, languages, humanities and sports extend our curriculum and further develop knowledge in these important areas.
- Computing lessons are taught to pupils from Reception onwards, with a view to developing their digital skills for the future.
- Opportunities to stay active, through dance or sport, outdoor learning or play, are essential features of the daily timetable.
The best way to see the school in action is to book onto an open morning. These events last approximately an hour – you will have an opportunity to meet the Head and have a tour of the school led by the Year Six pupils. We look forward to welcoming you to Maple Walk soon.