We believe that spending time outdoors helps children to develop self-confidence and a respect for the world around them.
At Maple Walk, we have weekly sessions with the local forest school in Roundwood Park.
Led by Katie Mills, a local mum and Forest School leader who runs Forest & Family, a London-based social enterprise that foregrounds the links between nature, play, health and happiness.
Maple Walk’s Forest School Programme
- Delivered in a series of sessions over the year for Maple Walk children, primarily those in the lower school.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to experience, explore and learn outdoors, in all weathers.
- Encouraging pupils to learn about flora, fauna and their natural surroundings.
- Experiencing mud play, nature crafts and whittling.
- An introduction to a range of bushcraft skills such as tying knots, building shelters and fire safety.
The best way to see the school in action is to book onto an open morning. These events last approximately an hour – you will have an opportunity to meet the Head and have a tour of the school led by the Year Six pupils. We look forward to welcoming you to Maple Walk soon.