Our core values:
- Curiosity – to seek knowledge and love learning
- Creativity – to innovate and collaborate
- Community – to foster a sense of belonging
- To provide an excellent, forward-thinking education that inspires and challenges every child.
- To recognise the value of knowledge and how it helps children to understand their world and the positive difference they can make.
- To instil a love of learning through a broad, exciting curriculum with strong foundations in literacy and numeracy.
- To empower pupils with a sense of belonging, allowing them to fulfil their potential and grow in confidence.
- To value the diversity of our community by celebrating all religions, beliefs, backgrounds and cultures.
- To offer a great value education, enabling as many families as possible to benefit from our ‘not-for-profit’ ethos.
We believe that learning should be rich, varied and exciting. It should be taught creatively and individually tailored.
The New Model School Company (NMS) offers a great value education. We are forward thinking – sustainability is central to our ethos and our school buildings are modern and innovative. We deliver an ambitious knowledge-based curriculum that is taught in a creative way. We are confident that what we teach, and how we teach it, is truly excellent.
By embedding our pupils learning in the community and using the best of what the neighbourhood has to offer, whether that be Roundwood Park or the River Thames, we provide our pupils with a deeper learning experience.
From Year 1, NMS pupils are taught content-rich subjects rooted in the arts and sciences. We believe that it is through acquiring knowledge that a child is inspired to become a lifelong learner. This emphasis also provides our children with the solid foundations to grasp a wider range of subjects later in their formal education.
Creativity and curiosity are two of our key values. Our pupils are given the opportunity to take part in many different sports and a wide range of arts such as Art, Music, Drama and Dance, all taught by specialist teachers.
Regular residential trips, excursions and activities within the local community enhance our pupils’ educational experience and help them to develop their confidence and independence. Each school also runs an extensive range of after-school clubs each term, ranging from Robotics Club to Art Club, from Science Club to Athletics Club.
We believe that our approach ensures that our children’s outlook and horizons develop beyond their everyday experience.
We believe our approach ensures that our children’s outlook and horizons develop beyond their everyday experience.
The NMS Teaching and Learning Committee oversees the curriculum. To find out more about its work, click here.
The best way to see the school in action is to book onto an open morning. These events last approximately an hour – you will have an opportunity to meet the Head and have a tour of the school led by the Year Six pupils. We look forward to welcoming you to Maple Walk soon.