We believe in broadening each child’s life experience and their understanding of their diverse community by giving them opportunities to make a difference to the lives of others. We encourage the children to take an active role in the local area and to explore current events. We achieve this through regular workshops, speakers and events that are wide ranging and extend our curriculum.
We do everything we can to develop children’s life skills including introducing them to different types of jobs and develop the various skills they will need for their careers.
We vary our programme each year but initiatives regularly include:
– Parents and guests coming in to talk about careers
– Business enterprise projects run by pupils
– Collaboration with Brent on Greener streets programme
– Visits to the local library, places of workshop and parks
– Talks from old Maple Walkers to discuss senior school transition
– community projects and collaborations
– topical hands-on workshops that explore current events.
– Public speaking
– Tailored educational visits such as The Royal Courts of Justice and The Globe Theatre
The best way to see the school in action is to book onto an open morning. These events last approximately an hour – you will have an opportunity to meet the Head and have a tour of the school led by the Year Six pupils. We look forward to welcoming you to Maple Walk soon.